Wednesday 29 April 2015

A Few Godly People

Today I knew what it is like to have an Indian mother.

I woke up early but it took me a while to get myself up from bed. I had my exams a week ahead of me. Consequently, the first thing I did was to gather notes from my friends and rush for the Xerox centres. I had an empty stomach and the scorching heat of Nagpur's signature summer added to the flavour. After a couple hours of tiresome adventure I returned to my dorm. Laying down in front of the cooler I exhilarated my mind and reached for my phone to dial my mom. And after few well wishing and concern making this was what she said,

"Go and have something to eat, Beta(Son). Have your lunch if it has arrived yet. You sound starving"

Yes, I do was starving. And she sensed it. An Indian mother with her hidden sixth sense of sensing her child's dilemma even before they do realise it themselves. I love you mom, you are among the best things that ever happened to me.

A wise man once said, " God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers "


P.S. Its not me in her arms, its my nephew, her grandson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment